I am sure that, if you have been looking for soundproofing solutions, you know about green glue or at least heard about it because it is now one of the popular noise-proofing methods used especially when trying to soundproof a ceiling or the whole room.
One of the most common questions I get is Does Green glue really work? Is it worth the money? and How to correctly use it. So I decided to write a no BS review and tell you what I think about it and whether it’s worth your money and effort.
After reading this review you will know everything you need to know about Green Glue.
What is Green Glue Soundproofing?
Without complicating things by using jargon. Simply put it a sound dampening compound that is used for noise-proofing renovation projects like your ceiling, walls and even floors.
It works by converting sound energy and noise into heat especially when you apply it within two or more stable layers, for example, drywall.
It comes in two different forms:
- Court Tubes for Diy small soundproofing projects.
- 5 Gallon pail, for massive huge projects.
Does Green Glue Really Work?
Well, it depends on what you are planning to achieve with it. If you are looking for a complete soundproofing solution. No, but if you are looking to drastically reduce unwanted noise, Yes it definitely does!.
Green Glue Will Reduce the unwanted noise by 75-95% which is I think is incredible and there will be a significant difference. Most people vouch for it and reasonably so, It is definitely one of the best in the market and very reliable.
It will sound dampen and reduce vibrations between rooms and the results are noticeable. ( Click here to see current Price on Amazon)
Is green glue worth it?
Well, it depends greatly on what you are trying to achieve and if you have a budget for it, Green Glue is a bit pricey and reasonably so because it works like magic. If the sound waves you are trying to combat are not really loud then you can try these green glue alternatives. However, if you are looking for solid soundproofing and have the right budget I highly recommend you give green glue a try and you won’t be disappointed with what it can do.
Is green glue removable?
Green Glue is not a permanent adhesive and I believe it can be removed after some time, what green glue offers is a solid long lifespan noise-proofing.
Does green glue smell?
Unfortunately, when you use green glue, there will be some odor but nothing strong or concerning, just like when you painting a house there will be some paint smell but goes away as time goes by, the same as the green glue noise-proof sealant.
- Dramatically Reduce Noise and Vibrations: One of the best products out there( In my opinion) although it certain;y does have some downsides, but compared to its competitors, It comes up on top. Green Glue can reduce noise by up to 56 dB.
- Flexible: Most noise-proofing products run a few days after installing them and you might notice it come out of your drywall. GG stays stable and sticks great.
- Ease of use: it is really easy to install green glue, even if you consider yourself not a handy person, I promise you. You will certainly find it easy to apply
- High-Quality adhesiveness: GG sticks very well wherever you apply it, and what’s more important is it stays stable(never run) even in hot conditions.
- Affordable: for the Quality GG gives you. I would say it is a big bang for your buck because although it might seem a little bit pricey compared to its competitors. you will need at least twice as more to match the green glue quality.
- High-Quality soundproofing
- Easy to use( after watching a few tutorials you should be good)
- Trusted Brand
- Test and Proven to work
- Reduce Vibrations
- The odor is not bad
- Works like charm
- a little bit pricey for some people
- Takes a few days to see the results
Tips & Guidelines
- How much green glue you will need, will depend on various factors such as how large is the area you are trying to noise-proof and other additional factors. Typically you will need 2 tubes per 4×8 drywall sheet.
- The Drying up process takes a while After you opened it apply within 12 minutes. The glue will take about 20-30 for complete dry up and maximum results
- For effectiveness, use Drywall and stick it, in-between the layers of the wall, to do this start by attaching the first layer on the wall or ceiling then seal the first layer. apply the green glue on the second layer then stick them together( watch the video above for more clarity)
- To save the most money I recommend you purchase it in a bucket you will save at least 25% of your hard-earned cash and plus you will have more to use for the other things.
- After you used the Green glue, check for any cracks, if you see some, use an acoustic sealant for sealing the gaps.
- If you are really tight on budget, you can such for other green glue alternatives such as QuietRock, although may not be as effective as GG it will certainly help you.
- to results it takes a few days, I would say about a week. So please be patient and all will be good.
- I would recommend that you use a 5/8 board for even greater noise-proofing.
- Make sure you know exactly what you are planning to do before you purchase it.
Where to Buy Green Glue
you can find it on the official website or you can get one straight from Amazon. It doesn’t matter much where you choose to purchase it, Just make sure it is the right one and also convenient for you.
There are many ways to go about soundproofing projects. and this is definitely one of the many ways you can go about. I hope this post helped you decide and you found the clarity you have been looking for about green glue noise-proofing sealant.