Without a doubt, treadmills are incredible for your health loaded with tons and tons of benefits but the problem comes when they become louder and irritating especially when running in an apartment, In this article, I will show you how to soundproof a treadmill fast.
Causes of Noisy Treadmill Sounds
There are a number of reasons why your treadmill could make a noise but the most common ones are:
- Treadmill Belts not adjusted correctly: This is one of the most common problems that may cause your treadmill to make a noise, make sure you check if the belts are adjusted accordingly to your user manual.
- Treadmill motor may be clogged: more often than not as the treadmill gets older the motor can easily be clogged with debris it is really important to clean your treadmill motor more often than not.
- Treadmill Components failure: sometimes the Treadmill main components may malfunction causing it to make a lot of noise.
Although these are the common causes of a loud treadmill, sometimes that’s not the case, Fortunately, there are a lot of things you can do right now to soundproof your treadmill and get rid of the noise forever.
Best way to Reduce Treadmill Noise and Vibration
1. Use a Treadmill Rubber Mat
- Made from abrasion and wear resistant 100% recycled rubber
- Designed to protect your floor from your treadmill and workout equipment
- Reduces noise and vibration, provides anti-slip, abrasion, impact protection, and...
This may be the answer to fixing the loud noisy treadmill!. Investing in Treadmill rubber mats can make a whole lot of difference to the amount of noise a treadmill makes.
What makes treadmill rubber mats incredibly powerful is not only they make treadmills quieter but also reduce vibrations and also protect your legs from any mechanical failure harm.
One of the most popular and the recommended treadmill mats is the Rubber-Cal Treadmill mat which comes in all treadmill sizes and is very affordable.
2. Relocate Your Treadmill to a Carpeted Area
Having a treadmill on a concrete or a wooden floor can cause a lot of noise. A good solution to this is invest in a carpet for your treadmill.
The thicker the carpet the more it will be able to absorb the noise and vibrations so relocating your treadmill will dramatically reduce the noise it makes while in use.
3. Use Treadmill Isolation Pads
- 4 pack of Anti Vibration pads Rubber & Cork 3" x 3" x 7/8" 50 PSI max load
- Applications are endless.... Air Compressors, HVAC, Stereo Equipment, Treadmills etc...
- Designed for Indoor & outdoor applications
Treadmill isolation pads are known to reduce treadmill noise dramatically. Treadmill isolation pads are pads designed specifically for reducing Treadmill Noise and Vibration and they work like wonders.
Unfortunately, not all isolation pads are as good so I advise you to check carefully before purchasing any, I recommend PneumaticPlus Anti-vibration Rubber & Cork Isolation pads.
The main reason why I really like PneumaticPlus isolation pads (1) High Quality the reviews on Amazon proves my point (2) Really affordable, unlike the other isolation pads which can be really expensive.
Isolation pads are really simple to use, all you have to do is place them in under each corner of your treadmill. This will dramatically reduce the treadmill noise in your Gym, House or Apartment.
4. Optimum Treadmill Positioning
This step only applies to house and apartment owners, for a commercial gym, this may not be the best option.
The position at which you put your treadmill may greatly impact the amount of noise you can hear outside your home or apartment.
The tactic is to position your treadmill in the center of your room and away from walls, this may seem like an obvious thing but it’s very effective I personally recommend it.
5. Routine Maintenance
This may seem like an obvious tip but it’s funny how many people forget or completely ignore properly maintaining their treadmill.
This is one of the most important things to do for keeping the treadmill running normally and smoothly.
Only scheduled maintenance dates make sure you:
- Properly clean the treadmill motor.
- Lubricate the treadmill belts.
- Make sure all bolts are not loose.
6. Get a Quieter Treadmill
- F80 treadmill offers an industry-leading warranty and a proprietary Cushion Flex...
- 3.5 CHP, DC Type motor with 0.5-to-12 MPH speed range, 0-to-15% rack-and-pinion gear...
- Six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart programs; cooling fans and...
If you have tried all you can and still you can’t get rid of the noise, Then you might want to invest in a new quieter treadmill like Sole Fitness 80 treadmill which is a really good investment and you can use it for many more years to come.
I recently wrote a buying guide about the best rated quietest Treadmills click here.
7. Treadmill Anti-Vibration Pads
Often a loud treadmill tends to vibrate a lot, vibration in itself is not great, If your treadmill vibrates while you running, it is best to get your treadmill anti-vibration pads.
Some pads work well even with your washing machine this video shows you how anti-vibration pads work.
For the best vibration pads, I personally recommend Intuitive Design Anti-vibration pads for dryers, washing machines, and treadmills.
I genuinely hope this article helped you to get rid of the noisy treadmill sounds and vibration. If you have any questions or queries feel free to use the contact form. Don’t forget to check out our car sound-insulating guide.
Last Updated on May 5, 2021 by Michael Harris