Do you need anti-vibration mats or pads for your washing machine or dryer? In this article, we’ll be taking up issues like what these items are, how they work, and their main benefits.
After buying big appliances, it’s important to take steps to maximize its performance. That’s why these anti-vibration mats and pads are useful for your washing machine and dryer.
We’ll also review some of the top units on the market. That includes their features, pros, and cons. This will help you choose wisely when trying to pick the best product on the market. The “best” unit depends on various factors
Quick Answer: The Top Anti-Vibration Pads for Washing Machines
|1||casa pura Anti-Vibration Pad - Rubber Vibration Isolator Mat...||312 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|2||Anti-Walk Silent Feet - Anti-Vibration Washer and Dryer...||639 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|3||Anti-Vibration and Anti-Walk Rubber Pads for Washing Machine...||109 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|4||XCEL Large Rubber Foam Non Slip Furniture Pads, Craft Foam,...||86 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|5||XCEL Value Pack,Neoprene Foam Anti Vibration Pads with...||191 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
What Are Anti-Vibration Pads?
Do you use your own a washing machine or use the ones at your local laundromat? It’s safe to say washers and dryers don’t make “pleasant” sounds. The metallic sounds can be annoying and even creepy.
In fact, why are there such sounds when clothes and linens are spinning inside the machines? As with other mysteries, it’s worth taking a closer look to figure out what’s really going on.
You obviously shouldn’t expect your washing machine or dryer to be 100% quiet. That said, the noises can be a nuisance and especially if you’re waiting by the machine while it does what it does.
If you do late-night washing and drying to save money on electricity bills, then the washing machine’s loud sounds could actually prevent you from getting shut-eye.
Wouldn’t it be easier to replace a loud washing machine or dryer with a quieter one? Yes, in theory. However, there’s the big cost so if you’re looking for an alternative, then anti-vibration pads and mats are a practical alternative.
The truth is all washing machines produce a certain amount of vibration. However, some produce more than others and in certain situations. They include old machines and during spin cycles.
Another cause of louder noises is front-0loading machines vs. top-loading ones. Here’s what happens. In front-loading machines, the clothes spin faster, stick to the top, then drop down again. Meanwhile, in the case of top-loading washers and dryers, the clothes just get thrown around the barrel’s sides
Are anti-vibration mats and pads the only option to deal with the noises? They’re not, but they’re definitely one of the most practical options. Basically, you’ll need to insulate the interior of the washing machine or dryer, so the noises are absorbed and dampened.
Benefits and Effects of Anti-Vibration Mats on Machines
Before adding any accessories to your washing machines or dryers, it’s important to know how they’ll affect your machines in terms of good and bad effects.
How about anti-vibration mats and pads? They’re safe for the vast majority of washing machines on the market. One extreme option is to cover the entire unit with soundproof blankets. This might be an issue with older machines so keep that in mind.
On the other hand, anti-vibration mats are designed specifically for reducing sound from washing machines and dryers. This is a plus since they’ll be more compatible with your appliances
No Walking Machines
One of the side-effects of a shaking washing machine is they tend to “walk” across the laundry room floor. Anti-vibration products can help to prevent that so the machine can focus on the task at hand-getting your clothes and linens clean or dry.
This situation not only can be annoying but also destructive. When your washing machine starts moving around, you’ll have to push it back to its original position. This can damage the floor. Whether it’s walking or being pushed the machine can scuff up your floor, which can be pricey to fix.
An X-factor is pushing a washing machine is a bit tougher than loading and unloading it. So if you have a back condition, it could be aggravated if you have to scoot the machine back to its original position.
Another plus is these items also tend to be somewhat visible. So your washing machine won’t look like it’s packed for moving or shipping.
Reviews of Anti-Vibration Mats and Pads
1. Anti-Vibration Mat for Washers and Dryers by Casa Pura
- STRONG RUBBER: This anti-vibration pad is made with 100% recycled rubber particles,...
- MINIMIZE VIBRATION: Most washing machines are prone to vibrate and cause excessive...
- PROTECTIVE: When used underneath washing machines, air conditioning units, chillers,...
- Sturdy rubber
- Reduces vibration
This anti-vibration mat is made of hard rubber w/ 100% recycled rubber. The material is durable and fluid oil-resistant. It also includes an anti-mildew additive. The rubber has been compressed for more sound dampening.
These pads can help to reduce vibration and especially ruing the spin cycle. This, in turn, can help to reduce floor damage from walking skidding washers
The mat can also be used under many units like washers, dryers, air conditioners, generators, chillers, etc. It can also be used as an anti-vibration mat at gyms and workplaces
- Help prevent walking
- Works with 3D printers
- Helps reduce noise
- Good for portable washing machines
- Small mat
- Pad crumbles easily
- Doesn’t fit under some washers
2. Anti-Walk/Vibration Pads for Washing Machines and Dryers
- LIMITS HOME APPLIANCE MOVEMENT: If your dryer or washing machine wobbles at all, you...
- FITS MOST MODELS: We wanted this pad to be universal in its ability to help support...
- EASY TO INSTALL: Part of what makes these pads so great is how easy they are to...
- 10-year warranty
- Works with front/top loading machines
- Stops by to 95% of vibratio
- Limits washer “walking
- No tools needed to install
These anti-vibration walk pads are designed to prevent walking movement of appliances. That includes top front-loading washing machines dryers
The pads are very effective and can stop a maximum of nearly 95% of vibration noise. This is based on factors like your machine’s type, age, etc.
The pads are very easy to install. You won’t need any tools adhesives so the work can be completed quickly.
The pads also include a 10-year limited warranty. It’s important to read the terms & conditions, so you’ll know what the warranty does and doesn’t cover.
- Can stop walking
- Very effective/good value
- Good for front-loader
- Good for large washer
- Reduces noise/vibration
- Lower half soften
- Can make vibration worse
- High price
3. Anti-Vibration Walk Pads for Washing Machine and Dryer by intuitive Design
A practical solution to vibration
>Made of heavy-duty rubber
Includes patent-pending design
Works with any washer or dryer
No extra adhesives anchoring discs required
These anti-vibration walk pads work with any washer or dryer including top and front-loading units. They raise the machines, so there’s proper alignment drainage.
The pads are made of a heavy-duty rubber compound. They absorb strong vibrations but don’t leave marks on floors like wood, tile, linoleum, or concrete. This helps to protect your investment and floor.
The design is patent-pending. It will help to prevent the unit from walking skidding. That, in turn, can help to protect your machine and floor due to walking skidding.
- Heavy-duty rubber
- Good results/value
- Protects new floors
- Good for hardwood floors
- Can cause the washer to shake more
- Not good for stacked units
4. Anti-Vibration and Anti-Walk Pads by ENJ Products
- PRODUCT FEATURES - Made of a closed-cell foam rubber, these pads are naturally...
- FURNITURE PAD - Tired of couches and chairs sliding around and scratching your...
- QUALITY AND COMFORT - Here at XCEL, we are focused on providing you with the best...
- Hard rubber
- Heavy-duty pads
- Prevents walking/skidding
These pads are made of heavy-duty materials. They help to prevent vibration, walking and skidding. This, in turn, will reduce the noise produced by the washing machine or dryer.
The pads have a perfect size. As a result, you won’t have to worry about them being too big or small. This, in turn, produces optimum performance. The top of the pads includes an indentation with a universal size. This allows it to work with the majority of washing machines.
Sliding or walking is preventing by the high coefficient of friction. It helps to make the machine more stable so it will remain in its original location.
- Excellent result
- Stops washer sliding
- Makes washroom quieter
- Works with washer/dryer combos
- Reduces vibrations
- Not good for a top-loading washer
- Only raises washer 1-inch
- Can make wobbling worse
5. Foam Rubber Damper Pad (6″ x 6″) by XCEL
- PRODUCT FEATURES - Top quality neoprene based rubber featuring a tensile strength of...
- RUBBER PADDING - Rubber pads are a versatile product that can be used for any number...
- QUALITY AND COMFORT - Here at XCEL, we are focused on providing you with the best...
- Made in the USA
- Helps prevent walking/skidding
- Easy to cut into shapes/sizes
- Quality & comfort
- Versatile rubber pads
These rubber pads can be cut into different shapes and sizes. So you can use them for various applications including washing machines and dryers. This offers more versatility when using the pads.
The rubber pads can be used for different appliances. This helps to protect the floor from scratching. The pads are thick and solid for washers and dryers, treadmills, etc.
The pads provide shock-absorption and can reduce noise levels. They’re made from heavy-duty rubber so it can work with heavy appliances in the long-term.
The company uses high-quality materials and produces its products in the US. XCEL is a small or private company headquartered in the US. The company focuses on producing good products. It manufactures its products in the US to stay close to its roots.
- Good for wood floors
- Anti-vibration functionality
- Very efficient
- Good for 3D printer
- Very flimsy
- Low functionality
- Low quality
Things to Look for When Purchasing Anti-Vibration Pads
When picking anti-vibration products, you have several to pick from including:
- Circular Rubber Pads: These are small pads that fit onto the metal feet of your washing machine or dryer. They can help to prevent your machine from walking across the floor when it’s washing or drying.
- Rubber Flooring Materials: This is a good option for stabilizing the entire washing machine. This covers the washing machine’s whole surface. It pulls double duty since the items also help to keep your appliances dust-free.
- Foam Rubber Pads This can protect wooden floors from various pressure damage like barbells and dumbbells. These are usually too thin to lift your appliance high enough off the ground so the effects on vibration will be limited.
- Rubber Stands: you can place them on the bottom of your washing machine if it’s totally flat. These items are tall enough to keep your washing machine from rocking more than a rocking chair.
You won’t have to take out a second mortgage to buy anti-vibration pads or mats. In fact, you can find some products in the under-$20 categories. Just remember this is an investment in your appliances, floor, and sometimes–sanity.
Rubber is a good option for shock-absorption since that’s basically what we’re talking about here. These items also help to keep your washing machine and dryer from “walking” across the floor. They’ll usually have a rubbery smell, but it wears off over time
Look for thicker materials since they’ll offer better anti-vibration skid protection. The prices are higher, but they’re arguably worth the extra money you’ll have to plunk down.
The best solution is a thick material that covers the whole bottom of the washing machine or dryer. This doesn’t mean that rubber feet can’t help to reduce vibration and sound. They’re cheaper and can be somewhat effective.
That said, if you’re willing to make a bigger investment, you should go with thick padding under the washing machine’s bottom and the side surface. If you want extra production, then consider options like sound-proofing blankets.
If your washing machine is extra loud, it might be due to the type, age, or location. In those cases, the best anti-vibration mats and pads for washing machines might help.
>Make sure to research the different products on the market like the above-mentioned ones and consider the most critical features for your appliance.
These pads and mats are available in different shapes, sizes, and materials. If you shop around you can find the right unit for the right washer
You should also consider soundproof blankets as well. This provides better production since it covers the sides of the washing machine as well for more sound and vibration-absorption.
If these solutions don’t work, then it might need repairs or (literally and figuratively) on its last leg.